September flew by with lots of adventures happening both in your life in my belly and your momma's life in the outside world. As of today you have been in my tummy for 34 weeks. Seems like such a long time yet other times I feel like it was just yesterday that I was peeing on a stick to find out you were on your way. I am so ampted for your arrival. This month your dad and I starting "nesting." We brought some of your belongings from your grandparents house in Lincoln, put your clothes in there place, and had a trial run setting up the co-sleeper where you will spend the first few months of your life. We picked out your crib and your bedding too:) While we were in Nebraska this month we visited your great grandmother Schuett and brought in KFC for dinner. She loves to eat KFC, it's always a fun treat.
This month your dad and I went to the comedy club and saw Colin Quinn (from Saturday Night Live). We recieved free tickets from a manager at Blockbuster. (random) It was awesome, we laughed so hard at both Colin and the opening act our face muscles were sore. I bet you were inside of me going "what the heck is going on out there." Your dad and I (plus Deanna from your dad's work, her daughter Shannon, and her two kids) also went to the Art Festival at the Plaza in KC. We heard a great jazz band and walked around seeing art work from all over the U.S.
My friend Kerri and I attended Pete and Diana's wedding in po-dunk Kansas. Caney, KS to be exact. It was quite a haul there and back in one day but well worth it. It was a beautiful ceremony and your momma even got down on the dance floor.
This month I played with your soon to be playmate Brennan. He is four months old and absolutely adorable. He will be here to show you the ropes of baby-hood and his momma is a great resource to ask new mommy questions for me. Plus his parents are just cool people. Your dad calls them "the canadians"...(he's crazy-in a good way...you'll see what I mean)
On to you...You move about on and off throughout the day. The other morning I was up at the wee hours of the morning and you were punching me with your hand-i think... I LOVED IT. I was mesmerized laying there, thinking about you. I love when you move. I always try to get people's hands there to feel you, but your pretty quick with your movements, and then your settled back into your snuggle zone. You do give your momma some serious heartburn. An old wives tale said that means you'll have lots of hair....we'll have to see?? The lastest and greatest is the feeling that I have to go to the bathroom and then nothing comes out. You must be pushing on my bladder. Well, you have about 5 weeks to go until your big debut. Unitl then you shall grow and get the strength to live in this CRAZY world. I love you baby! See ya soon...
love,
Momma

Grandma D. looking at cribs, trying to find the perfect one for her grandbaby to rest her head. She like's to talk to you in my tummy saying "Harper it's grandma."

Your dad and I at the Art Festival in KC

A side shot of you in my belly.

Your uncle Pete and his beautiful wife Diana

Your soon to be playmate Brennan.
3 comments:
It's crazy how fast time goes by. In a way it's good because then we get to meet Harper pretty soon ;) I like the side picture, thanks for showing us how Harper is growing in your belly. Hasta Luego!
I love the pictures!!! Especially of your beautiful belly! I can't believe you're already at 34 weeks - the next five will hopefully go by quickly so you won't be too uncomfortable! Miss you!!!
She is gonna be here so soon! I love the pics! You look so beautiful mama!!!!
Post a Comment