raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....
Sunday, August 1, 2010
The Great!
Great Yam-ma. Wow, I write those words and a flood of thoughts runs through my head and a tears stream down my face. Very emotional. Your Great Grandma Schuett passed away June 25, 1010. She was 90 years old. This woman ADORED you. I mean...since you have been born (20 months), you have been the sunshine in her life. Great Grandma moved to an assisted living facility a few years back after having hip surgery and not recovering so well. She was confined to a wheel chair which she HATED and her quality of life slowing diminshed. She no longer enjoyed reading and writing because truthfully she just couldn't do it anymore. She had a hard time hearing and wasn't truly happy living in a strange place with strange people. But one thing stands true.. she LOVED visits from you. You were a breathe of fresh air and she could feel it. In the days before she passed she would ask "where's that girl?" Even though at times she had a hard time remembering your name and would sometimes call you "Parker", she knew it was you and yearned for your presence. While living in the assisted living facility Grandpa Dorsey set up a computer in her room with screen saver pictures flooded of you. We also were able to Skpye in and video chat with her which she just thought was the coolest thing ever. She didn't even have to press a button and there we were on her screen. She was so proud to have you as her great grandaughter. Great Grandma got sick about a couple months ago and was in the hospital. (the one mommy works at) You would visit quite often the three weeks she was there and bring a ray of light to the dark sick room. The doctors were working hard to figure out why she was so sick and concluded that the breast cancer that she was in remission for (from years ago) was now active and had spread throughout her body causing her colon to malfunction. It was quite a shock to all of us because she had went in for what was though of as a bad UTI (urinary track infection) and came out with a death sentence. It was decided to have Great grandma go to a hospice house where she lived for two weeks until she passed Friday June 25th @ 5:30p. When she passed your Aunt Patti, Aunt Susi, Grandma Dorsey, and I were at her bedside. She passed peacefully and was surrounded by people who loved her dearly. She was buried with Great Grandpa Schuett (who passed on when I was 5 years old). It was a short brief service in a gazeboo at the cemetary. Your Aunt Shannon and I read a few poems and a letter that Lucia and Adrian sent from Spain. At the service you were so well behaved and brought a sense of life to a saddened time. You melted my heart...at one point during the service you grabbed the program with Great Grandma's picture on it and leaned in and gave her a kiss. Your such a sweet girl. Since that day you often say her name and look at her pictures. Although I am comfortable and confident that Great Grandma lived a long and prosperous life, I am selfishly saddened because I miss her for my own sake and yours too. (and little Ms. Livia Jade who will be arriving very soon) The good news is we now have her watching over us. Here are some pictures of the two of you: 1st time you met Skyping Your 1st Birthday party Great Grandma's 90th B-day party
Oh kan. I am so sad to hear about your grandma. I know you two were so close and it hurts me to think about what you are going through. Please feel a great big hug from me...and one for your family too. love you.
1 comment:
Oh kan. I am so sad to hear about your grandma. I know you two were so close and it hurts me to think about what you are going through. Please feel a great big hug from me...and one for your family too. love you.
Post a Comment