In "The Good Life"....

In "The Good Life"...


raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Favorite Part of Today


I am the bedtime gal. Everynight Harper and I have a similar if not exact routine we go through before this little angel falls asleep. Somedays Liv and daddy are in the room with us until the lights go out and other days it's just the two of us. When I mean exact..most nights it goes like this...
1. we head up to bed
2. put jammies on (I remind her that it's not play time, she fusses a bit because she doesn't want the day to end)
3. we then read two stories... THE SAME EVERY NIGHT...one is Baby's first words: Playground book and the other is this poem book with Owls in it. (it's more for a young adul0/adult reader but ever since Aunt Kate gave it to her.. we read it EVERY night..oh wait we don't read it..we look for the owls.. EVERY night Thanks aunt Kate;)
4. We turn on her lullaby music (I allow for her to push the play button but most nights she messes around and hits different buttons and therefore I hit the play button)
5. Next, we turn out the lights
6. We then sit in the rocking chair and rock
7. For the past couple of months I have being asking her about her favorite part of the day...at first I was really telling her what I thought her favorite part of the day was, but now she tells me and we go over things about her day while we rock. (its my favorite part of the day:)
8. I then go to lay her down and this is when she tells me she has to go potty. (I learned not to initiate potty before this point because I was then making multiple trips to the bathroom. This way it's one trip)
9. While in the potty she drops her binky and blanket on the floor and then when she is all done we wash her binky in the sink...EVERY night..
10. I tuck her in the bed, give her a drink of water, and tell her sweet dreams...
About a 10 step process that takes about 45 minutes (ish) give or take. I would say that its one of my favorite parts of the day. The other sweet thing is that when we are going over our fav parts of the day, I will talk about things about Harper and she always chimes in and says Liv's name to include her:) Too sweet!

No comments: