New Years Day was spent at the lake/Loup City with the Dorsey side of the family. We are fortunate enough to have Christmas every year with this side. Each year the family grows and it is tricky to find a day when everyone can attend but we are still going strong having our family gathering each year:) Great Grandma Dorsey puts together a program each year and has her great grandkids participate. (Bailey, Carter, Hunter, Kenleigh, Leighton, Harper, & Livia) Harper carried the symbolic candle and Liv was the angel:) I was involved because we didn't have enough kids to represent the symbolism and I happened to be in the mix. Next year baby Holmquist (My neice or nephew:) will be the missing link. The festivities don't stop there...we sing the 12 days of X-mas where each family has one of the 12 days as their part. We eat great food, have good conversation, have a gift giving game, and play games at the end. Some played poker while others played Mexican Dominos. What a great time we had!
Cousin Jordan playing with the second cousins:)
I was so impressed how well Harper played by herself. She did play with her cousins quite a bit but I then found her playing with Cousin Kenleigh's new Barbie set for awhile all by herself. This is rare, as she usually wants us or other adults to play with her or at the very least watch her play. Our little girl is growing up!
A snipet of the program:)
No comments:
Post a Comment