In "The Good Life"....

In "The Good Life"...


raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....



Friday, February 3, 2012

Liv "J""Z"




Liv J,
My oh my have you been growing at a light speed rate. These past couple months have been incredible with your language development and your personality shining through. I hate to say it sister but you are LOUD. You definately let your presence be known with the intensity of you voice. The best word that I have found lately to describe your new found independence is "scrappy." You have NO fear and are very determined to have your way. You love to be in my arms and will follow me around screaming and crying until I pick you up. (which isn't always easy when getting ready for work) Both you and your sister are extra emotional when I am around. Since I am away for work 40 hours a week, you yearn for every second of my time when I am here. I am honored while at the same time exhausted. I try to focus my energy on the idea of soaking up every minute of your lives and patiently staying positive when I am exhausted. I am no saint, so I make mistakes, but I am working on being actively present when I am in your presence. This is not so hard to do because I love being around you and watching you learn and grow from the world around you. You are still a fantastic sleeper and it still amazes me that when its time for bed you want to be held for a minute or two and then are easily put down and put yourself to sleep (I know I know I shouldn't have said it.. ginx) You say so many things throughout the day. You are a little peanut so I think thats why it seems even more crazy to see you talk. You know a lot of animals names and their sounds. You point to a lot of objects throughout the day and say the name for them. You sing the lyrics to songs we listen to and you are a huge fan of the hokey pokey. You are an extremely picky eater and our biggest focus these past few months has been to beef you up. You love your milk and your binky. You love watching cartoons with your sister and reading books. You would be content all day reading books. You love going down the slide and have to be coached on the process of sitting down at the top before going down. Your scrappy style would be to fly down head first, no turning back. You recently decided that you don't like to swing and get this freightened look and demand to be done. You are in miss independent mode and want to do things by yourself. No carrying you anymore, you want to walk at all times and will say "hand" when you feel you need assistance. You have a smile that lights up the room and your big huge brown eyes glisten your existence. You give the sweetest kisses and pat my back while I pat yours before laying you down to sleep. You have six teeth and it's been like that for awhile now with no new growth. You love to brush your teeth. Did I say you like your binky? Because if you could, you would be sucking on that thing all day long. We have to limit your use and you are a "closet" user. We are working towards only having it to sleep which is mostly when we give it to you. (and car rides if your tired) You demand a book in your hand while riding in the car. You love Barney, Boz, and Elmo to name a few that you scream while pointing to the t.v. You love your grandparents and aunties (all of them) and get excited to see them. You love to see Harper's best bud Ryder and call him by name. You love your sister but it's on your time. When she gets in your face to love on you, you yell at her to get out of your space. You take her toys and want to do all the things that she is doing. You aren't a fan when Harper and I leave Tuesday and Thursday mornings for Harp's preschool but daddy reports that are happy to have quality one on one time with him once we are out of sight. Sister moon, you are truly a diamond in the rough. I am so humbled by your spirit and each day I look at your sweet existence and my heart is full of love and contentment. 18 months and counting. You are perfection!

No comments: