My nearly 3 & 1/2 beauty who is extremely full of zest and life. The other day I was thinking and even spoke aloud that you are in the "terrible two" phase at three and then today I had this realization that the "terrible" are simply moments and rather this phase of your life is so amazing. The "terrible-ness" simply makes your dad and I be on point more, to teach you the lessons of life, so it's not so much as terrible rather challenging us to be better parents. I will say that I am not always on point with that and am constantly working on being more patient with you and finding ways to make those "terrible" moments more positive. You are a sponge and a lover of this life of yours. You still attend preschool two mornings a week and have some favorite friends that you have made. You saw two of those fav friends at the zoo with daddy and sissy, you clamed up and became that shy little Harper I know oh so well. Although you have come out of your shy shell in the past year, you will still turn to that when presented with new situations. It takes you less time now to snap out of that mode, and you turn into an outgoing little lady. You yearn for new experiences and to learn new things. In the past month or so you learned to write "H" for Harper. Tonight, you drew an awesome picture of yourself with circles and a smile, you were so proud of your work as was I. In fact, everyday I am extremely proud of you. You are a sweet and loving big sister. You tolerate having a little sister around who likes to take your things and you ALWAYS have to be the bigger person. You know why? Well, your sister is LOUD and very scrappy, so you tend to have to let her play with your toys and teach her how to share. She loves you very much and definately looks up to you, its just, she marches to her own beat most of the time. You greet her very sweetly in the morning and she usually yells "no" at you. She is a tough one in the moring and I will have to say she gets that from her momma. You are very pleasant in the morning and ready to breathe in every moment there is to be had. You still take a nap most days which revives you but you still don't see the benefit of that and try to refuse it everyday. I keep reminding you that your brain gets smarter when you sleep, so you have to take your "siesta." You aren't a fan but will do it most days. Because I'm your mom, that entitles me to brag about you. You are a smart little peanut. You amaze me daily with your conversations, the way you observe the world around you and then articulate it into sentences. Just tonight you told me to be quiet and tip toe out of your room so that your daddy who was laying on your bed wouldn't wake up and therefore would sleep with you. The other day we were at the lake and we all sleep in the same room. You told me that I can't snore and that if I was going to snore then I should sleep on the couch. WHAT? Are you kidding me? When I told you that I can't help it, you still insisted that I take my snoring bum to the couch. TOO CUTE! Speaking of lake, we will be spending most weekends there since Spring has sprung. You love that place and the freedom of the nature and the simple life. I do too sister! We have so many people around us that love us unconditionally and we are blessed to have such a community of pure love and understanding! My dear, I love you with every inch of my being and look forward to all the moments ahead, both "terrible" and "fantastic" Thanks for being you!
Love,
your mother (as you have started to call me lately:)
No comments:
Post a Comment