In "The Good Life"....

In "The Good Life"...


raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....



Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dedicated to your Aunties in Cali....

This blog is dedicated to your aunties in So Cal who will probably read this the most and who I miss tremendously. I stay connected to their lives thru my obesssion in reading their blogs and I was strongly encouraged to start one of these on your behalf, Harper, to keep them posted on your happenings and our journey thru it all. So raise your glasses ladies-(please have some sort of wine in them when you read this-if appropriate) and cheers to being amazingly beautiful soulful woman who I am blessed to have in my life. Even though we are unable to see each other in person right now, you ladies continue to inspire my soul and I thank you for being my friend!

my favorite Historian Ms. Carrie Deboo for who I would be memoryless without her spectacular documenting and memory making abilities:)
Sara T. who has been a true friend, thru and thru!
Ally-bug- my very first friend in Cali (oh we've done some damage together:) & Shannon- my friend thru a friend (thanks Ally)
Jayme-another friend thru a friend (love it!!)who gave me a piece of my sister in Cali and was often my voice of reason...

Remy-aka Ram....a carefree spirit...some good f'n times we've had...one of the best wine buddies:) (even out of my nalgene:)

Windstar-Mother Wendy oh how I love your finger dance and your free spirit!

(L to R)- Shanna- the true mother of the group who gives great parenting advice and dishes the real dirt on raising a family. Cori- a sweet soul who i love to laugh so hard with that we cry and can't stop:) HILARIOUS!!!

Lo Lo- the midwest connection! What a beautiful soul you are (her hubby Brad is on the left- they are a true example of inspiring love)

Dulce-another beautiful friend who has been there from the beginning of my Cali experience and continues to inspire me as a woman. Oh how you crack me up! I could listen to you talk for hours- love it!

(L to R) Libby-a STRONG strong soul who inspires all those who she encounters:) a great friend too...Rita-aka Re-do...my fearless leader who courageously leads and inpires me! Another great friend too:)

The chica under the table- Araceli- aka Stella- my spanish teacher, my friend, and probably the most quietest person I know and am friends with, but when your not watching she'll get her groove back:)

Antonia & Avery- mi familia... a beautiful friend and sister who is honest and real!

The the rest of the Miller's crew who has been such a valuable part of my life and who I am blessed to know and be a part of their lives as well...
Top L to R- Erika, Remy, Alicia, Libby, Janet, Adrian, Rita, Cori, Sara E.
Bottom Row L to R- Me, Andi, Wendy, Stacey, Araceli, Carrie, and Debi
not pictured: The lovely Judy, Angelica, Denise, Allison, Fahmo, Emily, and Rose

p.s. If I were able to blare music during this toast you would hear these songs...
Kind and Genrous- by Natalie Merchant
Good Friends and a Glass of Wine- by Leanne Rimes
Thank you for being my friend- Golden Girls Theme Song

Love you all!

5 comments:

sara said...

YEA YEA YEA for having a blog. I love the first post and for your tribute to each of us. Oh how it makes me miss the CA crew. I didn't know you were pregnant!!! I guess I haven't talked to you in a while. I need details so I'll be calling one of these days. LOVE YOU LOTS!

Ismael & Araceli said...

Yay, I am so happy that you are now part of the blogging world. Welcome! Todavia no lo puedo creer, vas a ser Mama. Felicidades :)

lauren and brad said...

thank goodness you started a blog! i'm so excited to get a glimpse of this great new adventure you are starting! :)

The Jacobs said...

Kan-doo! I just found your blog! Yea! I love being able to keep up. What a sweet first post. Love you sister!

Sara M. said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for the both of you and I can't wait to read all about your journey.