In "The Good Life"....

In "The Good Life"...


raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....



Thursday, August 21, 2008

Purple People-eater


Kylie and I came to work similarily dressed the other day. It was a perfect oppurtunity to belly up and show the world how beautifully our babies are growing. We are due the exact same day, November 7th. Kylie is having a boy. It's awesome to have someone to talk to about becoming a new mommy and also share the wonderful pleasant things strangers or even aquaintances say about our beautiful growing baby. It's fair game to comment on our weight gain, the possibility of twins-even when we tell them no they follow up with "are you sure", and the "about to deliver comment" when we still have months to go. Good times. The best thing is that we have each other to laugh it off and say "REALLY???!! did they really say that..."

5 comments:

The Jacobs said...

Isn't it just amazing what people feel okay saying to you when you're preg?! Well, I think you look great so keep it up, you're growing a nice healthy baby! Good job, Mom! Love ya.

Andi said...

Kan, I'm so excited for you and am glad to finally see a prego pic!! You look beautiful, and I'm glad you have a friend to share your pregnancy with. It really helps to have a person to share things with, and it's crazy that you two are due on the same day. Miss ya,
Love, Andi
Oh, Eli says Hi:)

lauren and brad said...

It's about time you share some belly pics! You look fantastic!

I totally know what you mean about the random comments. Unfortunately I didn't have anyone to laugh it off with so instead I would come home crying to Brad. I can't tell you how many times I got the "twins...are you sure?" thing. GRRRRRR!!!
You look beautiful, and Harper is gonna be beautiful! I can't wait to see her! xoxo

drakesmom said...

Oh my gosh!! I just tried to call you at 482-217-8927?? but the number is disconnected! You'll have to give me your new number!! I am so excited for you!!

Harper!...thats awesome. That was my #1 pick if we would have had a girl!! lol, thats too funny!! What a beautiful name, Harper Sage...so classy!! I love it.

I totally know how you feel. Your due date is close to what ours was, I was Nov 2nd but he came on Oct 28th. I gained nearly 70 lbs so I know what you mean about the big baby girl. Drake weighed 9lbs 4oz's...whew, he was BIG!! I had him naturally but the Dr thought he was only going to be 8lbs, after delivery she said I should have gone early or planned a c-section...isnt that her job?? lol. Then, she told me I shouldnt have gained so much!! Damn, like that whole box of cookies I ate at once?? Lmao. Oh well, He was a big healthy baby and I wouldnt have changed a thing!

Three hours away?? Where are you living? I dont get back like I should but I did alot of traveling earlier this year. Two weddings, and Easter. It was nice, but wow...its SO HARD to fly with a baby. I always did it alone cause Larry (my boyfriend) works wknds. Its stressful and I am glad to be home for a while now. My dad and family are coming in Oct for his 1st bday so that will be nice. Ya, he has a big terd in his driveway, how embarassing!! He bought it just for fun. They take it to the lake for the grandkids to play. Its a riot. Tell your parents I'm sorry about the lawn orndament!! Lol, we named it the toaster!!

Geez, I hope to talk to you soon. I love the baby talk, it seriously changes EVERYTHING. But I just went through all the same stuff, hot ass summers, big baby bellys, peeing your pants if you laugh too hard, cant see your feet, wearing flip flops cause nothing else fits...oh ya, I know what youre going through!! But seriously, you should call me...or leave your number and I'll give you a ring. I couldnt figure out where that random dream came from but it must have been your good news that made me dream about you!!

Well, its not like you have nothing else to do but read this long ass email so I'll wrap it up! Call me (left my number on myspace). You look great!! Send me your address when you have time & your number!! Take care Mom.

Love Kate

...first time blogger, I hope I did this right!!

sara said...

Hi Kan! Yea for the picture. You BOTH look great. I'm sure I'll be getting comments like that too since I'm already showing and I'm only 3 months! I loved talking to you the other day. I can't wait to have more fun conversations like that in the futures. :-)