In "The Good Life"....

In "The Good Life"...


raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....



Monday, November 10, 2008

in the meantime...

You are 3 days past your due date and we are patiently waiting for your arrival. In the meantime here's what we've been doing....
Friday: I discovered two mice in our house and freaked out calling your dad at work and your aunt Shannon to share the experience with her. Your dad brought home mice traps and set them up in the garage. Your dad's friend Jared & Dawn (who he has known since junior high or so) and their son Hayden came to stay at our house.

Saturday: We went to Hayden's soccer games in Olathe. After the game we tried to find a spot to watch the Husker's play KU but were unsuccessful due to high volumes of people at bars watching the game on paperview (Huskers beat KU)...We settled to eat lunch at a sports bar with no sker's to watch. Your dad and I came home and lounged on the couch watching movies! Your dad hunted mice this day too and caught three....

Sunday: Watched Hayden play soccer, his team got second place. Your dad started to not feel well and went to bed early... I scrapbooked.


Today: I have been trying to nurse your dad to health, giving him drugs & fluids. I had a melt down while he was sleeping... three mice were running around the living room. First I stood on the couch and called my sister...then decided to try and wake your dad up... (NO LUCK)...then called your grandmother Dorsey to complain about the critters...and then resorted to waking up your father. He was a trooper and set more traps around the house. While he was setting traps, I was sitting at the kitchen table and here came a little mouse who crawled between my feet. I instantly screamed and put my legs in the air, but it seems that my pregnant body would't allow my legs to stay in the air for very long due to my belly getting tense....(sorry for all the commotion) Your dad then cornered the little mouse and caught it. He placed it outside with the other three that were caught this weekend. And now, your dad is back in bed and I am decompressing about the whole mice experience all the while seeing little flashes of what I think are mice but it's probably just my imagination... (or is it??) And just now, I heard one of the traps clap loudly in the garage. Poor little fellas, I'm a bit torn between feeling sorry for the little critters and my own anxiety about them running around the house...in the end the reality is Fievel(s) needs to go West......

p.s. if you don't arrive on your own by Thursday we are going to the hospital Thursday night @ 8pm to be induced on Friday morning...see ya soon:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kandra I have mice to and I feel your pain, those little suckers. My cats play with them until they die and bring them to me to show me how proud of themselves they are. Good luck!

Amy said...

I feel for you. My 13 cats keep the mice out of my house (at least I never see any). Harper needs to quit being so stubborn and come see the world. For your sake, I hope comes soon. I remember how I felt in this stage of my pregnancies.

Amy

lauren and brad said...

AH! We have mice too. Don't you hate the agony of feeling sorry for them and wanting them GONE GONE GONE!?

I'm freaking out right now wondering if Harper is here yet!