In "The Good Life"....

In "The Good Life"...


raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....



Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Going Going Back Back to Cali Cali

Since my last post a lot has happened in your life. You took your first plane ride to California to see mommy's friends. It was such a blast visiting all the folks and taking you to the ocean. You did AMAZING on the plane rides. We had some interesting adventures along the way when flying back to Kansas and you were better than me in handling yourself:) On the way home we had a connection in Houston. Due to weather we had to drop in Corpus Cristi where we were planted for about three hours or so. That day we started at 10am at John Wayne in Orange County and didn't make it to Houston until 11:30pm. That means (for me who is bad at math) that we were traveling for over 12 hours. CRAZYNESS!!! A lot of that time was stuck in the plane either in the air or on the runway. We were able to get out of the plane to "stretch" our legs, which really meant me figuring out the plan for missed connections and hotel arrangements. We finally got to Houston and went to get our bags but of course they were missing. We had to check with the baggage people and they informed us that the bags were already ready to fly out the next morning without us. The nice lady gave us some extra formula and diapers and then headed to catch the shuttle. We waited for over 30 minutes for the lovely shuttle to arrive and you were just sitting in the stroller taking it all in. We finally arrived at the hotel. I was the first one off the shuttle but the last in line to check into the hotel due to getting your stroller out of the back. It took about an hour and a half to make way to the front of the line. Can you believe no one let us in front of them?? I mean really, you are five months old and its now 2am. We waited patiently and when we got the front of the line, the guy at the counter tells me that the reservation that your Aunt Shannon made for us while we were in Corpus Cristi is not showing up in there system. At this point another shuttle load is behind me. I looked at the guy with exhaustion and a bit of frustration and told him to please just get us a room. At this point, WE NEEDED SLEEP. That next afternoon we finally arrived home, and I couldn't have been more happy to arrive in Kansas. Seriously, that day I loved Kansas. Your dad picked us up and was so happy to see us. He sure did miss us while we were gone and we missed him too:) I know I elaborated on the end of the trip because it was just simply crazy but really we had such a great visit. We saw all our Child Life friends....Antonia, Avery & Simon... I saw Jayme & Eric wed while you stayed with Antonia...we stayed with the ever so kind and generous Sherry and Gary...hung with Lori...had brunch with our dear friends Sara A. Johnston, Brogan, Steph, and Sharon... Will, Will Jr, & Latosha had us over for dinner....we saw some folks at Miller Children's Hospital.....and played with the lovely Dulce.
I miss California and am ever so grateful for the life long friendships I have made. I am so glad you were able to meet California because the people you met are truly diamonds in the ruff. Thanks everyone for loving us! We miss you already!

Waiting to leave KC

Sitting in your own seat on the plane ride to Cali

Visiting Miller's and being escorted by Ms. Carrie

Baby Jac (whose not much of a baby anymore)

at the beach in your cool shades

at the beach

You loved the ocean and the sand

Eatin breakfast with Adrian

Will Jr and mommy Latosha

Chef William

Avery

Antonia

Jayme @ her wedding

Sara E.

THe Child Life Crew (past and present)

Rem

The view from brunch at the Crab Pot

Cori & Drew

Lori

Gary

Sara & Steph @ brunch

You & Brogan

Ms. Dulce

3 comments:

sara said...

And don't forget meeeeee! I was so happy I got to see and visit with you! Too bad I missed the luncheon. It looked like you had such a blast on your entire trip. Sorry the plane ride home was CRAZY!!!!

Andi said...

KAN, I'm sooo sorry i missed you both. I really wanted to be there, but Eli had a fever all day that day, and I wasn't feeling too hot either. What a gorgeous daughter you have! You look like you are having sooo much fun being a Mommy. you look great! Miss you.

lauren and brad said...

So unfair! I was there this week-end! I can't believe I missed you! grrrrrrrrrr.....

Isn't it so nostalgic to go back??? I always think it is the strangest feeling. How wonderful that everyone got to meet your sweet little girl! Such a fun trip! I can't believe you fit so much in!