In "The Good Life"....

In "The Good Life"...


raising Harper Sage and Livia Jade while sharing our stories along the way.....



Monday, August 17, 2009

Jake & Amy's wedding weekend

This past weekend your Aunt Amy and Uncle Jake were wed in Nebraska. We were honored to be apart of the big day with you being the flower girl and I the maid of honor. It was such an amazing weekend! This is the kind of weekend you want to happen over and over again because it was just so perfect. The only glitch in my opinion was the fact that I was running fevers and had a touch of the flu. There were moments (when getting hair and make-up done) that I didn't think I was going to make it. After I got my make-up done my fever started to break so I was sweating profusely and started to break down in tears. I had to talk myself out of a complete melt down by reminding myself this would do my freshly applied make up NO GOOD. How was it happening that on one of the biggest days of my life, (my best friends wedding) I was sick as a dog. I ran home to rest for about thirty minutes while my mom and dad typed my maid of honor speech. Talk about last minute, I had wrote and re-wrote it in my head the past few weeks but never got the chance to get it down on paper. There was no way I was going to do it on the fly without some sort of script. Thank GOD for the rents, they were such a big help! After we arrived at the church, the Thermaflu started to kick in and I felt much better:) The ceremony was beautiful and you did such a great job being the flower girl. The ring bearer Ben pulled you down the aisle in the little red wagon. Right as you came down the aisle the entire congregation was oooing and ahhing over you. Some say you stole the show:) Of couse Amy was stunning and once she stepped out, your show was over! The reception couldn't have been better! We danced, sang, and shared the special day with family and friends. What a great weekend! I just keep smiling everytime I think about different parts of the day/night. Thank you Amy and Jake for having us be apart of your celebration and we wish you a lifetime of life, love, and happiness!!!














1 comment:

sara said...

When I see these pictures of Amy, you know what's going through my head...you saying "my best friend Amy!" Oh how I miss you Kan and you always referring to Amy as "my best friend Amy." She looks gorgous and so do you. Sorry you weren't feeling good. xoxo-sarat