

Wow I don't even know where to begin. I feel flooded with all happy emotions, starting with the anticipation of a great friend from California visiting me in my home to all of the events that unfolded during our 3 day visit in October. I feel so grateful to have Dulce as my life long friend whom I met the first few days I was living in California. To start from the very beginning, Dulce worked at the hospital where I did my internship in Cali. My 23rd birthday was only a few weeks into my internship and this lovely lady and a couple other girls took "the new girl" out for dinner and drinks for my birthday. They didn't have to do it for their job sake, they did it because they are amazing:) When I moved to California, I knew no one. This lovely lady is among many great ladies I became to know and love. I went from intern to co-worker and we developed our friendship over weekend hours spent working on Saturdays together. We had in depth talks about life on the regular and were able to be "ourselves" with each other allowing for a true deep friendship to form. Over the next years after I left California, we didn't get to see each other very often (once) and our talks were oh too frequent, but we always managed to pick right up where we left off.
Dulce arrived in "the good life" on a beautiful Friday afternoon in October. The sun was shining and the air was perfect. The leaves on the trees had just started to turn colors and it was a fantastic fall afternoon. We headed to "the gardens" and strolled around talking about everything under the sun. She decided to cook for us that evening..WHAT???...you are our visitor and you want to cook for us. I had a hard time with that but she wouldn't have it any other way:) We had a fantastic dinner and spent the rest of the evening chatin away. Saturday we headed to the pumpkin patch with the girls and Lateaf's mom & step dad. It wasn't as pretty of a day as the day before and was rainy but we stuck to it and spent hours walking around, playing in a corn pit, hayrack riding, riding the train, watching pig races, etc. That evening we went our for a lovely dinner in the Old Market and played pool witht the locals. Sunday we headed to the zoo for the day and then out to dinner again Lateaf & the girls. Our last evening together we went to an open mic night at a local pub. The hours spent together passed us by quickly and we didn't have many silences as we were talking the ENTIRE time the ENTIRE weekend. It was so amazing to have her visit.
Harper adored her new friend Ducle. She had a heck of a time remembering her name and would call her "the black haired lady." Harper would follow her around and watched her every move. She was mesmerized watching her put on make-up. ( I don't wear it) They brushed their teeth together, played with toys, and colored. Days after Dulce left Nebraska, Harper would say "what's that black haired lady's name?" Liv was equally a fan of her too:) We are all excited for our next visit from our dear friend! Thanks to Dulce for visiting us!
1 comment:
Oh my god...Kandra, you are adorable, and I feel so honored that you would include me in your blog! I feel so blessed to have you as a dear friend and can't wait to come visit you again! I'm not kidding when I say I enjoyed every minute spent with you and your family (despite being sleep-deprived and a bit delirious... ;-P)! You were so sweet to open up your home and house me for my stay there, and it was like we were back in your apartment again in CA several years ago or on our beach walk. Time flies, especially when we're together on our adventures. Miss and love you, Dulce
Post a Comment